Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sample Follow Up Thank You Letter

Title
Organization
Address
City, State, Zip Code

Dear Name:

It was a pleasure finally meeting you, after our numerous emails and phone conversations, regarding the Production Editor-Proofreader position. I truly enjoyed our conversation; hearing about Management Group, in general; learning more about the needs of the Sales Intelligence department, and being able to share some of the reasons why I am the most ideal candidate for the job.

I appreciated the tour of your facilities. They are quite impressive, and it would be a true joy to work in such beautiful surroundings. Thank you also for introducing me to several Sales Intelligence team members. They were all so kind and accommodating. Please let them know I appreciate how comfortable they made me feel. I agree it was a shame that Bob Brown, the actual person I'd be working for, was not in. I hope he is feeling better and have no problem coming back to meet with him, when it's convenient.

After talking with you, meeting the team and getting a better understanding of what is involved in the position, I am even more confident there can be no better a match. Don Doe showed me several recent projects and Betty Boop explained the process and gave me a look at the computer applications typically used. I am very familiar with the entire set-up, and have done work almost identical to the ones shown.

Currently, my schedule is flexible and knowing your urgency to fill the position, I would like to meet Mr. Brown at his earliest convenience. Please drop me an email or a quick call with date and time, and I'll be sure to arrange my schedule around it. Thank you again for your time; I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

FirstName LastName

No comments:

Post a Comment