Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sample Cover Letter Introductory

Mechelle Kalinsky
434 Tech. Rd.
Boston, MA. 24536
232-555-9999


August 19, 2008

Hugh Brock
Director, Theoretical Physics Institute
343 Accelerator Lane
Baltimore, MD. 76594


Dear Mr. Brock,

In researching ways in which people have made their marks in the field of physics, I cannot tell you how many times I have encountered your name in journals, newspaper articles, and textbooks. Your contribution has been truly stunning.

Now that I find myself in the position of seeking my own fate in the field, I wanted to ask if you could offer fifteen minutes of your time to discuss ways in which a neophyte such as myself can best forge a path of his own. I am a senior at M.I.T. specializing in the Acceleration Norms of Random Ratio Quantum Particles. I will follow this letter with a call to the Institute to see if I can schedule an appointment. It would be an honor to speak to you.

Very truly yours,


Mechelle Kalinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment